Already have a Username/Password for Filosofia Unisinos?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The work is original and unpublished and it is not under consideration for publication anywhere else.
- The manuscript file is in Microsoft Word or RTF.
- The original text must contain in the following order:
- Title in the same language of the article, and in English (if the article is in English, title must also be in Portuguese). The titles (on the original language and English) must have a maximun of 240 characters including spaces.;
- Abstract with no more than 20 lines, followed by at least three key-words;
- Abstract in English (or in Portuguese, in case the article is written in English), following the same norms of the Abstract in the original language;
- Full text, typed in Times New Roman format, font 12, and with spacing of 1,5;
- Images, tables, charts and graphs must include captions in the same language of the article and in English, they must be sent separately in their original files (.jpeg, .png, .tiff), not inserted in the text, with minimal resolution of 300 dpi.
- The identification of authorship of the work has been removed from the file, ensuring the journal's confidentiality criteria, if the manuscript is subjected to peer review (e.g. articles), according to instructions in Ensuring a Blind Peer Review.
- Short quotations (containing less than three lines) must be incorporated into the text in quotation marks;
Long quotations (longer than three lines) must be presented in an isolated paragraph, with simple spacing, font size 11 and the left margin larger than the surrounding text (4cm).
Footnotes must be used only when strictly necessary, for information that is complementary to the text.
Do not use footnotes as a substitute for a reference list.
- The manuscript is in accordance to the style and bibliographic requirements described in the Author's Guideline section.
The list of references must only include works that are cited in the text. Reference list entries must be in alphabetical order according to the last names of the first author of each work.
References must be typed in Times New Roman (pt 12) and single spacing between lines.
References must contain the work's complete data according to the journal's rules.
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Article title. Journal Title, volume(issue):initial page-final page.
Articles from publications related to events:
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Title of work. In: name of conference (meeting, symposium, etc.), number of the event, city, year. Proceedings ... City, Symbol. volume:: initial page-final page.
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Book title. Edition, city, publisher, the total number of pages.
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Chapter title. In: Initial(s) Name. SURNAME (ed.), Book title. City, publisher, initial page-final page.
Thesis and dissertations:
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication Title of the thesis. City, state. Type of thesis (MA, PhD). University, the total number of pages.
Sites and electronic texts:
- Explicit author:
- Anonymous author:
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Title of work. Available at: http://. Accessed on: month day, year.
SOURCE/SITE. Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Title of work. Available at: http://. Accessed on: month day, year.
Newspapers and magazines, organs and institutions:
- Explicit author:
- Anonymous author:
SURNAME, Initial(s) name. Year of publication. Title of work. Source (newspaper, organs, institutions, etc.). Session (Column, etc.). City, day month.
SOURCE (newspaper, organs, institutions, etc.). Year of publication. Title of work. City, day month, number page.
I grant the journal Filosofia Unisinos the first publication of my article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution license (which allows sharing of work, recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal).
I confirm that my article is not being submitted to another publication and has not been published in its entirely on another journal. I take full responsibility for its originality and I will also claim responsibility for charges from claims by third parties concerning the authorship of the article.
I also agree that the manuscript will be submitted according to the journal’s publication rules described above.
|ISSN: 1984-8234 - Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox|
|São Leopoldo, RS. Av. Unisinos, 950. Bairro Cristo Rei, CEP: 93.022 -750. Atendimento Unisinos +55 (51) 3591 1122|
|Designed by Jully Rodigues|